Earthquake related mcq pdf
💥The intensity of Earthquakes is measured
(A) On the Richter scale
(B) On the Kelvin scale
(C) In decibel
(D) In pascal
💥Richter Scale is used to measure
(A) Intensity of Earthquake
(B) Depth of Ocean
(C) Velocity of Space-craft
(D) Height of a building
💥 Seismometer measures
(A) Heart beat
(B) Height of trees
(D) None of the above
💥 During an Earthquake, which type of waves get generated?
(A) B.S.L. (B) A.B.L.
(C) R.S.L. (D) P.S.L.
💥 Which one of the following statements about the 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake and the resulting Tsunami is not correct?
(A) The Earthquake originated due to slipping of about 1,200 km of fault line by 15 m along the subduction zone where the India Plate subducts the Burma plate at the Sunda Trench
(B) The resulting tSunami devastated the shores ranging from the coast of Indonesia to the East coast of Africa, some 8,500 km away from the epicentre
(C) As per the current estimates the quake-generated tSunami killed more than 50 lakh people, in addition to unaccounted dead bodies swept out to sea
(D) Bangladesh had very few casualities because the quake-affected fault line was in a nearly North-South orientation, the greatest strength of the tSunami waves was in an East-West direction
💥Tsunami word belongs to which of the following languages?
(A) Arabic (B) Japanese
(C) Hebrew (D) Latin
245. The North-Western Region of the Indian Sub-continent is susceptible to Earthquake activity because of
(A) Volcanic activity
(B) Plate tectonic activity
(C) Coral formation activity
(D) All of the above
💥Which city of Japan had faced tsunami and nuclear radiation?
(A) Hiroshima (B) Tokyo
(C) Fukushima (D) Kobe
💥 Consider the following statements.
1. The Richter scale is a logarithmic scale and so an increase of 1 magnitude unit represents a factor of 10 in amplitude.
2. Each integer reading of the Richter scale has an energy 100 times than the previous integer reading. Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
💥 The ‘Ring of Fire’ is associated with
1. Earthquake 2. Volcanoes
3. Pacific Ocean 4. Forest Fires Choose your answer with the help of code given below. Code
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 2 and 3
(C) 2 and 4 (D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
💥 Consider the following statement about Earthquake.
1. Intensity of Earthquake is measured on Mercalli Scale.
2. Earthquake’s magnitude is measurement of energy released.
3. Magnitude of Earthquake depends directly upon amplitude of Earthquake waves.
4. Every integer on Richter Scale shows a 100 times increase in energy released. Which of the statements are true?
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 2, 3 and 4
(C) 1 and 4 (D) 1 and 3