????Which one of the following reflects more Sunlight as compared to the three?
(A) Sand desert
(B) Paddy crop land
(C) Land covered with fresh snow
(D) Prairie land
???? The highest temperature on the Earth is recorded at
(B) 10º North Latitude
(C) 20º North Latitude
(D) 25º North Latitude
????Which of the following statements is not true?
(A) Presence of water vapour is highly variable in the lower atmosphere
(B) The zone of maximum temperature is located along the equator
(C) Frigid zones are located in both the hemispheres between the polar circles and the poles
(D) Jet streams are high altitude winds affecting the surface weather conditions
???? Assertion (A): The atmosphere receives most of the heat only indirectly from the Sun and directly from the Earth’s surface. Reason (R): The conversion from shortwave solar to longwave terrestrial energy takes place at the Earth’s surface. Code
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and
(R) is the correct explanation of
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true
????. Clear sky nights are cooler than cloudy sky nights due to
????. Consider the following statements.
1. The annual range of temperature is greater in the Pacific Ocean than that in the Atlantic Ocean.
2. The annual range of temperature is greater in the Northern Hemisphere than that in the Southern Hemisphere. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
???? Normally, the temperature decreases with the increase in height from the Earth’s surface, because
1. The atmosphere can be heated upwards only from the Earth’s surface.
2. There is more moisture in the upper atmosphere.
3. The air is less dense in the upper atmosphere. Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(A) Only 1
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 3
(D) 1, 2 and 3