1. The battle that led to the foundation of Muslim power in India was-
(A) The first battle of Tarain
(B) The second battle of Tarain
(C) The first battle of Panipat
(D) The second battle of Panipat
2. ‘Lakh Baksh’ was a title given to ruler-
(A) Iltutmish (B) Balban
(C) Raziya (D) Qutb-din-Aibak
3. The Muslim adventurer who destroyed the
Nalanda University was-
(A) Alla-ud-din Khilji
4. The first muslim woman who ruled Northen India was-
(A) Razia Sultana (B) Mumtaz
(C) Nurjahan (D) None of the above
5. Who among the following Tomar rulers, is credited with founding the city of Delhi?
(A) Anangpal (B) Vajrata
(C) Rudrane (D) Devraja
6. Who defeated whom in the second Battle of Tarain (AD 1192)?
(A) Prithviraj defeated Muhammad Ghori
(B) Mahmud Ghazni defeated Prithviraj
(C) Prithviraj defeated Mahmud Ghazni
(D) Muhammad Ghori defeated Prithviraj
7. The Delhi Sultan who fell to his death while playing polo was-
(A) Qutb-din-Aibak (B) Alauddin Khilji
(C) Feroz Shah Tughlaq(D) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
8. To take care of the conquered lands, Muhmmad
Ghori left behind his trusted General-
(A) Nasiruddin (B) Iltutmish
(C) Qutub-din -Aibak (D) Malik Kafur
9. Razia Sultan, the first woman to sit on the
throne of Delhi, was the daughter of which Sultan
(A) Mohammed Ghori (B) Mohammed of Ghori
(C) Iltutmish (D) Alauddin Khilji
10. Which battle did open the Delhi area to
(A) First Battle of Tarain
(B) Second Battle of Tarain
(C) Battle of Khanwa
(D) First Battle of Panipat
11. Iltutmish established a centre of learning at:
(A) Multan (B) Calcutta
(C) Alwar (D) Delhi
12. Before assuming the office of the Sultan of Delhi
Balban was the Prime Minister of Sultan
(A) Nasir-ud-din (B) Qutb-din-Aibak
(C) Bahram Shah (D) Aram Shah
13. Pr ithviraj Chauhan was de feated by
Muhammad Gauri in the battle of
(A) Tarain in 1191 A.D.
(B) Tarain in 1192 A.D.
(C) Chandawar in 1193 A.D.
(D) Ranthambor in 1195 A.D.
14. The first Sultan who requested and obtained letters of investiture from the Caliph (Khalifa) was
(A) Iltutmish (B) Balban
(C) Firoz Tughlaq (D) Alauddin Khilji
15. The Saviour of the Delhi Sultanate was-
(A) Qut-din-Aibak (B) Minas-us-Siraj
(C) Iltutmish (D) Ghiyas-ud-din Balban
16. When the rule of the Delhi sultanate began?
(A) 1106 A.D (B) 1206 A.D
(C) 1306 A.D (D) 1406 A.D
17. The first Sultan of Delhi to issue regular currency
and declare Delhi as the capital of his empire was :
(A) Iltutmish (B) Aram Shah
(C) Qutbuddin Albak (D) Balban
28. Which of the Delhi sultans pursued the policy
of blood and iron?
(A) Alauddin Khilji (B) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
(C) Balban (D) Iltutmish
19. The silver coin tanka’ was introduced by__________.
(A) Qutubuddin Aibak (B) Iltutmish
(C) Balban (D) Bairam Khan
20. The battle of Tarain was fought between
Prithviraj Chauhan and _____.
(A) Mahmud Gaznabi (B) Muhammad Ghori
(C) Babar (D) Humayun